Experiencing the Holy Spirit as Our Divine Enablement (2)
- The Scripture clearly reveals the deep concern of the Lord Jesus for His Disciples and for all believers. Consider the truth: God is concerned for the true you—your heart.
- Our circumstances, both past and present, may lead us to believe that no one really cares for us. Many of us would like to hear our name spoken in love – not in anger, or in ridicule, or for correction, or for instruction, or as a plea for help, but just in love, acceptance and affirmation. The Lord Jesus wants to speak your name in love.
- Why do I begin this message as I have? There are four reasons.
- God loves and cares for you in spite of what has or is happening to you.
- He wants you to receive His loving care and to respond to Him in love and trust.
- Your life and ministry flows out of your heart experience more than your head.
- He wants you to know your provision is a Person: The Blessed Holy Spirit.
- The significance of the Farewell Discourse.
- The Disciples were aware of some impending and threatening event.
- They were confused and apprehensive. The Lord Jesus had spoken of His death.
- The enemy was powerfully at work. Luke 22:31, 53; John 13:27; 14:30
- In a few hours they would all forsake Him. It would result in great shame and fear.
- In this Discourse the Lord Jesus expressed His love and provision for them.