New Testament Power Today (4)
- The Biblical reference to the power of God always have a goal in mind.
- God does what He does for the glory of the Lord Jesus, Rom. 8:28,29.
- God does what He does to redeem and set people free, Rom. 6:18-22.
- God's power (His activity) is never neutral. If we are to know and experience the power of God -- we must be involved in the will of God.
- This does not mean that we can every earn the grace of God, II Peter 1:3.
- It does mean we should be primarily concerned about Him and His will. It is easy to be selfish and self-centered in wanting the power of God.