The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- Today we commemorate one of the greatest events in history — the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Christianity is unique in that it is based upon historical-spiritual events that are open to verification. True belief is not related to myth or legend.
- The events on that resurrection morning.
- During the forty days before the Ascension the Lord Jesus appeared some ten times. He appeared to the disciples as a group at least five times and at one of these times there was at least five hundred believers present.
- It is difficult to imagine the impact of the Resurrection on these early believers. It was unexpected. When it happened, however, they remembered how often the Lord Jesus spoke of it. And they soon realized how the Resurrection was related to all the other truths they had been taught.