What it Means to Have God as Our Father
- Some of the most valuable relationships are related to family — father, mother, brother, sister, wife, husband, son, daughter.
- It is interesting to see that God instructs us in the relationship He has established with us by taking the title of "Father." There are at least 107 references to God as our Father in just the Gospel of John.
- The greatness of this relationship is summarized by the Apostle Paul.
And I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty. II Cor. 6:18
- "I will" — the divine initiative.
- "Be a Father to you" — the personal provision.
- "Ye shall be my sons and daughters"— the redemptive goal.
- "Says the Lord Almighty" — the infinite resource.